Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Good intentions

Photo from here.

It seems to me like it takes a little more than good intentions to keep my life running the way I want it to - I want a clean house, I want a happy family, I want to know where my shoes are when I am ready to walk out the door...

What I don't want is to be running around like a crazy mother the morning of show and tell because I haven't got a clue what the category for today is - and I certainly have no idea where the list that tells me is!!!

The house?

I feel like I can spend an entire week scrubbing my house like the perfectionist I am, weeding the gardens, washing the curtains, cleaning the light switches, unpacking and organising kitchen cupboards...

And then 3 days later?

Absolute chaos!

What am I doing wrong???

The worst part of all? I still have one room in my house that hasn't been unpacked since we moved into this house in April - boxes were dumped there and the door was closed and now the room is an absolute shambles. A half sorted bookcase, boxes still unopened, and craft supplies balancing on top of every surface that's showing... I call it my 'shut door' room.

I took 'before' photos of that room this morning - it was supposed to motivate me to get going in there and be productive so that I could final conquer it. But then I decided to just check something real quick on Facebook before I started - and 3 hours later I am still sitting here...

Sigh!!

I am so tired of it - all the good intentions I have are doing jack all for me. I write to do lists, I write down the my goals, I write down a timetable for the day so I can plan and be productive, I force myself into action and spend the day getting things done - but then when I turn my back for one moment it all falls apart.

Am I ever going to be able to actually get organised?

Are these lovely organising blogs I read all make believe? Because IT DOESN'T WORK WHEN I DO IT!!!!!

Ok, rant over.

I better get up and get something done - right after I just check one last thing on Facebook real quick.

1 comment:

  1. I feel your pain!! I need to be organised for the sake of my mental health, yet ny house of late resembles a war zone...

    ReplyDelete